News Report, Nancy Deville
Richmond is the latest Bay Area city to offer a municipal identification card with the goal of allowing residents to open bank accounts and gain access to other services.
The Richmond City ID Prepaid MasterCard program provides qualifying residents with an official form of identification that includes an optional prepaid [...]
by Chanelle Ignant
At the California Nonprofit Technology Festival, or simply Tech Fest, hosted at the East Bay Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Richmond, there were no power point presentations or keynote speakers.
Instead, the participants were at the helm, setting the agenda and leading nearly every discussion.
The two-day festival — hosted [...]Continue Reading →
Youth voter turnout in North Carolina, including a sizeable segment of ethnic voters, will play a critical role in determining whether Democratic incumbent Sen. Kay Hagan retains her seat against Republican challenger, state House Speaker Thom Tillis, according to data on [...]Continue Reading →
New America Media, News Report, Anna Challet and Viji Sundaram
A majority of California voters support the idea of expanding health coverage to include all low-income people in the state, regardless of their immigration status, according to a new poll.
The poll, commissioned by private health foundation The California Endowment, [...]Continue Reading →
Looking at President Obama’s landmark immigration policy for childhood arrivals two-years later.
Story and Video • Edgardo Cervano-Soto
Manuel Martinez perceived his future would follow the life of his father. When he was 17, he thought he’d work in construction after high school. Despite living in Richmond, Calif., since the age of one, Martinez [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #28: June 2014
- Issue #27: May 2014
- Issue #26: April 2014
- Issue #25: March 2014
- Issue #24: February 2014
- Issue #23: January 2014
- Issue #22: December 2013
- Issue #21: November 2013
- Issue #20: October 2013
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Tech Fest Unites Nonprofits From Around the World in Richmond 0 comments
- Deferred but Still in Limbo 0 comments
- How Should Academic Success Be Measured? 0 comments
- About 0 comments
- Seeing the Positive in Being a Teen Mom 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Contra Costa County drug bust: $18 million in meth seized, 22 arrested (Richmond)
- Chevron-funded campaign attacks Richmond mayor's travel, ignores own candidate's more frequent absences (Richmond)
- Big money in West Contra Costa school board race (Richmond)
- Air quality board plans on cutting refinery emissions (Richmond Confidential)
- #myRichmond photo contest winner, Ellen Seskin, discusses the inspiration for her winning photo (Richmond Confidential)
- The best of Senator Bernie Sanders in Richmond (Richmond Confidential)