Video, Malcolm MarshallContinue Reading →
Video, Sean Shavers
Summertime brings rising temperatures, but unfortunately it can also bring a tremendous rise in crime to urban communities. Reporter Sean Shavers talked to young people to find out how they plan to stay safe in Richmond this summer.Continue Reading →
EDITORS’ NOTE: Situated at 325 23rd Street between MacDonald Ave and Nevin Street is Taqueria La Estrella, a quaint little restaurant adjacent to a large parking lot which now accommodates their new taco truck. Since the city committed to beautifying this business district, via [...]Continue Reading →
Video, Ann Bassette
EDITORS’ NOTE: Danny McLane, 17, graduated from Richmond High School and will be attending San Jose State University to study biological engineering. He was honored at the College Bound Brotherhood Graduation Celebration.
College Bound Brotherhood develops untapped and overlooked potential for broader community benefit.
Video, Karina Guadalupe, Malcolm MarshallContinue Reading →
News Report, Erika Benton-Martin
[Breaking News Update: Since this report was written, the City of Richmond has approved the use of municipal ID cards. You can read about this new development, here.]
If community advocates have their way, city-issued identification cards may soon be made available to thousands of Richmond’s most vulnerable residents.
The [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Community Groups Filling Void in LGBTQ Services in Richmond, San Pablo 0 comments
- About 0 comments
- Staying Off Probation, and Teaching Others How 0 comments
- At San Quentin, Reflections on Personal Space 0 comments
- Richmond Mayor Denounces 'Dirty Hand of Chevron' 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Filmmaker brings"Fruitvale Station" to Berkeley High (Richmond)
- West Contra Costa trustees may decide on new ballot measure (Richmond)
- Witness to gang rape of Richmond lesbian: 'I just couldn't believe this was happening' (Richmond)
- Richmond police officer with strong ties to community retires after injury (Richmond Confidential)
- Richmond artist turns trashcans into art pieces, teaches youth (Richmond Confidential)
- Freedom Fighters hope to help Richmond youth (Richmond Confidential)