Video, Ann Bassette
EDITOR’S NOTE: On a recent episode of KMEL Street Soldiers, husband and wife team Kevin Penn and Arlinda Love-Penn discuss their work with the Silence the Violence Movement in the Bay Area. Also in attendance was Rudy Corpuz III, son of United Playaz founder Rudy Corpuz.Continue Reading →
Photo Essay, Min Lee
Pictures from the celebration of Richmond’s young apprentices in Urban Tilth’s Summer Apprentice Program. This event took place on Saturday, August 13th 2011, on the Richmond Greenway (Between Ohio and Chanslor Ave).
Continue Reading →
Story, Iraida Santillan///Video, William Haynes
According to Alicia Nightengale, Community Development Project Manager, Imagination Playground is a play space designed by architect David Rockwell to encourage children to “free play”.
There are only 150 Imagination Playgrounds throughout the country, and thanks to Rockwell and his firm, Rockwell Group, and their Partnership with KaBOOM!, these [...]Continue Reading →
Richmond Pulse is pleased to announce the launch of its first print edition. The newspaper will be available beginning today, free at newsstands and as an insert in The Globe Newspaper. Richmond Pulse began last fall as an online youth-led media outlet and training program to report on community health issues in the [...]Continue Reading →
Kennedy High School’s Michael Peritz has collected time capsules throughout the decades he’s been at the school. He shares some of the things he has accumulated and why it is important to keep a collection of these moments in time.
by Will Haynes, Jose [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Seeing the Positive in Being a Teen Mom 0 comment(s)
- Drug Trends Among Bay Area Young People 0 comment(s)
- Bike To Work Day 2013 0 comment(s)
- ‘Django Unchained’: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 0 comment(s)
- In Rush to Prevent Another Sandy Hook, Are Prescription Drug Concerns Being Overlooked? 0 comment(s)
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Richmond's second-highest ranking administrator resigns amid outcry over misuse of public funds (Richmond)
- Richmond restaurant owner tells Oakland university grads the future is replete with opportunity (Richmond)
- West Contra Costa special ed administrator honored for his work (Richmond)
- National Parks Service highlights push for universal childcare after WWII (Richmond Confidential)
- Woman shot in home; police confirm May 10 homicide victim (Richmond Confidential)
- Richmond basketball star goes global, aims for Big East success (Richmond Confidential)