News Feature, Edgardo Cervano-Soto
Editor’s Note: Liberty Ship Café not only serves tasty Latin-fusion lunches at the Farmer’s Market in Richmond, Calif., it’s cooking up a cooperative business dream.
It is 8 o’clock on a Thursday night, and inside a commercial kitchen at Veterans Hall members of the Liberty Ship Café, a new workers’ [...]Continue Reading →
Photo Essay, Richmond Councilmemeber Tom Butt
In perhaps the best organized ever Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service in Richmond, a crowd of hundreds turned out to clean, plant, weed and mulch a dozen different projects stretching along the Richmond Greenway from 5th Street to 16th Street and at 22nd and Carlson.
Continue Reading →
News Report, by Kia Croom
More than 150 public officials, faith leaders and residents of the Iron Triangle, Shields-Reid and Parchester Village neighborhoods marched last Saturday under the banner “Marching for Change,” to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Walkers of all ages lined up for the march at [...]Continue Reading →
News Report, Donny Lumpkins
On a recent tour of Contra Costa County public schools, Congressman George Miller (D- Martinez), a Richmond native, stopped by Richmond High School to speak to about 20 students who are members of the Bay Area Peacekeepers (BAP), a program that helps “at-risk” kids stay in school and away from trouble [...]Continue Reading →
News Report, Edgardo Cervano-Soto
Editor’s Note: California’s DREAM Act gave bright undocumented students new hope for going to college, but issues like low funding could undermine the act for many.
Despite the announcement of Gov. Jerry Brown signing into law the California DREAM Act last October, students applying for colleges at Richmond High [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Community Groups Filling Void in LGBTQ Services in Richmond, San Pablo 0 comments
- Punishment Fits the Crime for Teen Who Videotaped Murder 0 comments
- Breaking Silence on Trauma is First Step to Healing 0 comments
- About 0 comments
- Martial Arts School Reborn as Community Center 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- North Richmond: Man killed, three others injured in shooting (Richmond)
- Big fourth quarter leads Moreau Catholic past Salesian (Richmond)
- St. Mary's rallies to beat rival Salesian in NCS Division IV title game (Richmond)
- Council moves to hire independent investigator to audit Housing Authority (Richmond Confidential)
- OPINION: Richmond’s investment in youth development is path to ending gun violence (Richmond Confidential)
- Dalai Lama blesses Richmond’s Tibetan Center (Richmond Confidential)