Entrevista por Iraida Santillan
Nota del Redactor: En Richmond, pocas cosas han estado presentes tanto tiempo como la Iglesia Católica San Marcos, que celebra su centenario en la ciudad este año. Para conocer más sobre este sostén de la comunidad, la reportera de Richmond Pulse se sentó con el pastor actual, el Padre Ramiro Flores, [...]Continue Reading →
First Person, Tania Pulido
During the past three years that I’ve been working at Urban Tilth, I’ve had experiences that have drastically expanded my skills, development and overall understanding of the world. One such experience came on Sunday, October 21st, when some co-workers and I participated in an inspiring event, organized by the Cornerstone [...]Continue Reading →
News Report, Jacob Simas / NAM Youth Wire Reporters
Two months into a new school year that saw stricter federal nutrition guidelines go into effect for school meals, youth reporters from New America Media fanned out in high schools across California to interview their peers and check out the view from the lunch line.
[...]Continue Reading →
Click here for the link to the RAW Talent Kickstarter page.
Romeo Is Bleeding (working title) is a documentary about young artists inspiring change in an impoverished city. The students of Richmond California’s creative writing group, RAW Talent (Richmond Artists With Talent), are no strangers to trauma. Their city is small [...]
Story and Video, Valerie Klinker | New America Media
Right before her high school graduation, Danielle Dokes heard the news. Her dad was being released from prison. She thought her father would get to see her graduate.
But he never showed up.
Danielle, an 18-year-old resident of Richmond, Calif., has seen her father [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Seeing the Positive in Being a Teen Mom 0 comment(s)
- Young, Black and Addicted to Fast Food 0 comment(s)
- In Rush to Prevent Another Sandy Hook, Are Prescription Drug Concerns Being Overlooked? 0 comment(s)
- Drug Trends Among Bay Area Young People 0 comment(s)
- ‘Django Unchained’: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 0 comment(s)
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Full UC college scholarship awarded to Kennedy High student (Richmond Confidential)
- New Grocery Outlet set to open doors in Richmond, where grocers have been scarce (Richmond)
- Richmond: One injured after shots fired into car (Richmond)
- Chevron and Oakland A’s promote science education at Stege Elementary School (Richmond Confidential)
- Richmond establishes deadline for Chevron to compensate city for refinery fire (Richmond)
- National Parks Service highlights push for universal childcare after WWII (Richmond Confidential)