Interview, Vernon Whitmore
EDITORS NOTE: Kyra Worthy is the Executive Director of Chevron backed non-profit For Richmond, an organization dedicated to uniting the community and taking active steps toward tackling issues facing Richmond residents. Worthy says her greatest gift is that she won’t accept no for answer.
Incoming Chair of the Richmond Chamber of Commerce, […]Continue Reading →
by Joanna Pulido
The teacher smiled and held a hat as a line of about a dozen students looked at each other nervously. Inside the hat were small pieces of paper with each student’s name. Luck would determine who would be part of the class, and who would have to continue the search.
Those of […]Continue Reading →
News Feature, Chanelle Ignant
At a Friday night basketball game in late November, Richmond High School’s boys basketball coach, Robert Collins, paced the sidelines, yelling instructions to his team.
With less than 30 seconds left, and only a two-point lead over the Mount Diablo Devils, Collins had one command for his team.
“Don’t foul […]Continue Reading →
by Monet Boyd
I always wanted to travel the world, and this summer I got the chance.
It was my junior year at El Cerrito High School, and a friend nominated me for an ambassador position with Global Glimpse—a non-profit that provides life-changing global education to high school students. Global Glimpse partners with high […]Continue Reading →
Commentary, Sean Shavers | Video, Ann Bassette
When I was in high school in Oakland, I never really questioned the cafeteria menu, I just knew that I wasn’t eating it because it didn’t look appealing and I had other options. For years school lunch was considered nasty and inedible by me and my peers. […]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #33: Jan 2015
- Issue #32: Dec 2014
- Issue #31: Nov 2014
- Issue #30: Oct 2014
- Issue #29: July 2014
- Issue #28: June 2014
- Issue #27: May 2014
- Issue #26: April 2014
- Issue #25: March 2014
- Issue #24: February 2014
- Issue #23: January 2014
- Issue #22: December 2013
- Issue #21: November 2013
- Issue #20: October 2013
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Public Defenders and Community Come Together in Working Group on Racial Disparities in the Criminal Justice System 0 comments
- Photographer to Document Bike Culture in Richmond 0 comments
- Community Gathers for a Summit on Peace 0 comments
- How Should Academic Success Be Measured? 0 comments
- Seeing the Positive in Being a Teen Mom 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- West Contra Costa district staff survey shows room for improvement (Richmond)
- Richmond: Naturalization ceremony open to public (Richmond)
- Barnidge: D-Day fast approaching for Doctors Medical Center (Richmond)
- Backers of a flyer campaign and ballot initiative proposal criticize city manager’s salary (Richmond Confidential)
- Vinay Pimple appointed to fill vacant seat on Richmond City Council (Richmond Confidential)
- Richmond focuses “Love Your Block” grant to develop North Richmond and Parchester neighborhoods (Richmond Confidential)