Nancy Deville, Richmond Pulse
A new weekly curbside service is helping Richmond businesses be a bit greener without the hassle.
Richmond Sanitary has launched a commercial food scrap collection program to pick up scraps from businesses in Richmond, San Pablo, El Sobrante, Pinole, Hercules and unincorporated West Contra Costa County. Under the program, businesses collect […]Continue Reading →
News Report, Jenny Manrique, New America Media Posted: Dec 06, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO – As government officials and climate experts from around the world meet this week in Lima, Peru for a U.N. climate conference, tens of thousands worldwide have already been displaced by the effects of climate change.
Some have remained […]Continue Reading →
Story, Malcolm Marshall | Photos, David Meza
It was a warm fall day, with temperatures near 70 degrees, when Iron Triangle residents and community members gathered to celebrate the grand opening of Harbour 8, Richmond’s newest park, designed and built by local residents.
“It takes a village to build a park,” said Toody Maher, executive […]Continue Reading →
Story , Tania Pulido | Photos, David Meza
It was a cold, cloudy day and I was standing outside of the Multicultural Senior Center in Richmond waiting for volunteers and staff to arrive for this year’s “Beautification Project” ahead of the 5th Annual North Richmond Green Festival.
As I waited a burst of rain came […]Continue Reading →
By Zaira Sierra
For over four years, I’ve worked with Richmond families. I’ve volunteered with Contra Costa Interfaith Supporting Community Organization assisting undocumented youth with their Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) applications and Building Blocks for Kids where I was part of the Community Engagement and Advocacy Team. Recently, I joined the Youth […]Continue Reading →
Photo Essay, David Meza
David Batiste says he loves the job he describes as “a little dangerous” and “never the same routine.”
Baptiste is an equipment operator with Richmond’s Code Enforcement Abatement crew.
On this day, he is helping demolish a burned down house at 24th and Maricopa Ave. He said this home has […]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #28: June 2014
- Issue #27: May 2014
- Issue #26: April 2014
- Issue #25: March 2014
- Issue #24: February 2014
- Issue #23: January 2014
- Issue #22: December 2013
- Issue #21: November 2013
- Issue #20: October 2013
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Local Business Review: Narasaki Automotive and Marine 0 comments
- Police Chief Magnus: Why I Joined a Protest Against Police Brutality 0 comments
- #BlackLivesMatter: Local Youth Stand up Against Police Brutality 0 comments
- Opinions on Policing in Richmond 0 comments
- Etsy Gift Guide: Richmond, California 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Steven Parker: the new voice of Richmond (Richmond Confidential)
- Independence of independent expenditure groups called into question (Richmond Confidential)
- Berkeley: Town hall meeting will address police reaction to local protests (Richmond)
- East Bay Chevron refinery incident draws criticism, raises concerns about emergency-response capabilities (Richmond)
- School districts' local accountability plans need improvement, watchdog group says (Richmond)
- Enabled by DACA, Ivy League Connection sends first undocumented student from Richmond to East Coast (Richmond Confidential)