Commentary, Luis Cubas
RICHMOND, Calif. – From the moment I woke up, I realized there was something unusual about the morning. The sun wasn’t out, the birds weren’t singing, and instead of the school bus my dad would be taking me to school.
I soon realized why that bus hadn’t come: walking to school my [...]Continue Reading →
By Manuel Martinez
I’ve called Richmond home since as far back as I can remember, but it was just two years ago that I finally felt like this place accepted me—and it was thanks to a little blue card, my social security number.
From the moment I got my “documents,” my outlook on life [...]Continue Reading →
News Report + Photos, Marco Villalobos
Beneath a mural depicting salvation outside St. Mark’s Church, Ruben Pedroza stood trying to figure out his family’s health insurance. Inside the church hall, a meeting was underway to educate residents as to what health coverage they might qualify for due to the Affordable Care Act.
Although nearly 3.5 [...]Continue Reading →
by Edgardo Cervano-Soto
Teresa Jimenez, 22, found a surprising way to deal with the stress of high school.
“Honestly, I wasn’t doing so [well],” Teresa explains. “I was cutting a lot of school. There was a lot of pressure to be a certain way and I didn’t feel I could socially relate to that. I [...]Continue Reading →
Interview by David Meza
Editor’s note: Roxanne Carrillo Garza is the Hub Manager for Healthy Richmond, a 10-year initiative of The California Endowment that seeks to improve the health outcomes of Richmond residents. She spoke to Richmond Pulse reporter David Meza, at a recent health care enrollment event.
David Meza: Can you summarize what Healthy [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #28: June 2014
- Issue #27: May 2014
- Issue #26: April 2014
- Issue #25: March 2014
- Issue #24: February 2014
- Issue #23: January 2014
- Issue #22: December 2013
- Issue #21: November 2013
- Issue #20: October 2013
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Uche Uwahemu’s Plan for Richmond 0 comments
- Teachers Who Changed My Life 0 comments
- Family-Owned ‘Phila Burger’ Dishes Good Vibes 0 comments
- Drug Trends Among Bay Area Young People 0 comments
- Q&A: Remembering a Lost Son of Richmond – Terrance Kelly 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Anti-gay speech in Richmond draws scrutiny (Richmond)
- Sutter 49, El Cerrito 14 (Richmond)
- San Pablo: Judge affirms ruling allowing service cuts at Doctors Medical Center (Richmond)
- Richmond Confidential hits pause button for summer (Richmond Confidential)
- Early candidates for Richmond’s mayoral race outline platforms (Richmond Confidential)
- Mayoral profile: Mike Parker (Richmond Confidential)