News Report, Jenny Manrique, New America Media Posted: Dec 06, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO – As government officials and climate experts from around the world meet this week in Lima, Peru for a U.N. climate conference, tens of thousands worldwide have already been displaced by the effects of climate change.
Some have remained […]Continue Reading →
By Nancy DeVille
As open enrollment continues for benefits under the Affordable Care Act, Richmond health advocates are making an extra push to help residents learn what their options are.
Through February, Californians who currently don’t have access to health plans through an employer or private insurer can obtain coverage through Covered California, the […]Continue Reading →
News Report, Viji Sundaram, New America Media
SAN PABLO, Calif. – Without treatment to replace her failing kidneys, Olga knows she will die.
The 37-year-old single mother is desperate to get a transplant so she can get well enough to nurture and provide for her three children again – something she […]Continue Reading →
News Report, Nancy DeVille
Richmond is the latest Bay Area city to offer a municipal identification card with the goal of allowing residents to open bank accounts and gain access to other services.
The Richmond City ID Prepaid MasterCard program provides qualifying residents with an official form of identification that includes an optional prepaid […]Continue Reading →
New America Media, News Report, Anna Challet and Viji Sundaram
A majority of California voters support the idea of expanding health coverage to include all low-income people in the state, regardless of their immigration status, according to a new poll.
The poll, commissioned by private health foundation The California Endowment, […]Continue Reading →
Story and Video • Edgardo Cervano-Soto
Manuel Martinez thought his future would follow the life of his father. When he was 17, he thought he’d work in construction after high school. Despite living in Richmond since the age of one, Martinez didn’t think he had many options because of his undocumented status.
Farther north, […]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #33: Jan 2015
- Issue #32: Dec 2014
- Issue #31: Nov 2014
- Issue #30: Oct 2014
- Issue #29: July 2014
- Issue #28: June 2014
- Issue #27: May 2014
- Issue #26: April 2014
- Issue #25: March 2014
- Issue #24: February 2014
- Issue #23: January 2014
- Issue #22: December 2013
- Issue #21: November 2013
- Issue #20: October 2013
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Rich City Fashion 0 comments
- A Model for Police Reform 0 comments
- Q&A: Myrick Sees Mandate to Bridge Richmond’s Political Divide 0 comments
- Richmond Residents Look to ‘Fresh Start’ With New Mayor 0 comments
- How Should Academic Success Be Measured? 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Jesse Jackson speaks at Richmond church (Richmond)
- Community meetings to discuss name change for Gompers high school (Richmond)
- Eye on the East Bay: Richmond's rattlesnake plays second fiddle to Newsom (Richmond)
- West Contra Costa school board meets for a six-hour, packed discussion on charter schools (Richmond Confidential)
- Mayor Tom Butt convenes first meeting of Richmond’s new city council (Richmond Confidential)
- Two years later, fast food workers’ fight for $15 and a union still going strong (Richmond Confidential)