Video, Sean Shavers, Malcolm Marshall
In the first of a series of stories, Richmond Pulse reporter Sean Shavers explores the history and impact of turf violence in Richmond, CA.
Featuring Joe McCoy, Khalid Elahi, Donta Clark, D’Vondre Woodards, Andres Soto and more.Continue Reading →
Photo Essay, Richmond Councilmemeber Tom Butt
In perhaps the best organized ever Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service in Richmond, a crowd of hundreds turned out to clean, plant, weed and mulch a dozen different projects stretching along the Richmond Greenway from 5th Street to 16th Street and at 22nd and Carlson.
Continue Reading →
News Report, by Kia Croom
More than 150 public officials, faith leaders and residents of the Iron Triangle, Shields-Reid and Parchester Village neighborhoods marched last Saturday under the banner “Marching for Change,” to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Walkers of all ages lined up for the march at [...]Continue Reading →
News Report, Lamar Littleton | Nov 15, 2011
Editor’s Note: This report is part of a two-part series produced by Richmond Pulse and Richmond Confidential. Read part two here. This report was written under a pseudonym for the author’s protection.
You may have heard of “cyber bullying,” but an even [...]Continue Reading →
Photo Essay, Todd Spencer
The Greater Richmond Interfaith Program (GRIP) hosted the 25th Annual Harmony Walk to End Hunger on Saturday, October 22nd. Presented by Chevron, the Harmony Walk is the largest fundraiser in West Contra Costa County.Continue Reading →
News Feature, Kim MacDonald
On a warm, Fall evening in the Bay Area’s North Richmond scores of residents came out to the Missionary Baptist Church for the first of what organizers hope will be a series of “night walks,” calling attention to street violence and proposing a ceasefire in the city of Richmond. The event, [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Community Groups Filling Void in LGBTQ Services in Richmond, San Pablo 0 comments
- Thanksgiving Etiquette Tips 0 comments
- About 0 comments
- Fruitvale Station: ¿Conmoverá al Mundo Como a Nosotros en Oakland? 0 comments
- Richmond Mayor Denounces 'Dirty Hand of Chevron' 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Richmond leaders' China, Cuba trips under scrutiny (Richmond)
- El Sobrante family displaced after garage fire started by fireplace ashes (Richmond)
- St. Mary's-Fortuna NCS Division IV football title game is postponed (Richmond)
- City Council grants exclusive negotiation rights to developer (Richmond Confidential)
- City council tightens laws on e-cigarettes (Richmond Confidential)
- The battle for bikes in Richmond (Richmond Confidential)