News Feature, Taisa Grant
Late last month, the City of Richmond caught a glimpse of its own future when teachers, activists, youth mentors, police officers, the mayor and others came together for a town hall style meeting called “Reclaiming Richmond.”
Young people from the group RAW Talent hosted the dialogue, which focused on [...]Continue Reading →
News Report, Robert Rogers | Richmond Confidential
George Mitchell stood in front of the mic, glanced at his notes, and let fly.
It’s not always easy for Richmond’s young people like Mitchell to express their feelings and their fears, especially to their peers. But Mitchell was bold, thanks in part to the supportive [...]Continue Reading →
Video, Sean Shavers, Malcolm Marshall
In the first of a series of stories, Richmond Pulse reporter Sean Shavers explores the history and impact of turf violence in Richmond, CA.
Featuring Joe McCoy, Khalid Elahi, Donta Clark, D’Vondre Woodards, Andres Soto and more.Continue Reading →
Photo Essay, Richmond Councilmemeber Tom Butt
In perhaps the best organized ever Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service in Richmond, a crowd of hundreds turned out to clean, plant, weed and mulch a dozen different projects stretching along the Richmond Greenway from 5th Street to 16th Street and at 22nd and Carlson.
Continue Reading →
News Report, by Kia Croom
More than 150 public officials, faith leaders and residents of the Iron Triangle, Shields-Reid and Parchester Village neighborhoods marched last Saturday under the banner “Marching for Change,” to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Walkers of all ages lined up for the march at [...]Continue Reading →
News Report, Lamar Littleton | Nov 15, 2011
Editor’s Note: This report is part of a two-part series produced by Richmond Pulse and Richmond Confidential. Read part two here. This report was written under a pseudonym for the author’s protection.
You may have heard of “cyber bullying,” but an even [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Community Groups Filling Void in LGBTQ Services in Richmond, San Pablo 0 comments
- Breaking Silence on Trauma is First Step to Healing 0 comments
- Punishment Fits the Crime for Teen Who Videotaped Murder 0 comments
- About 0 comments
- Martial Arts School Reborn as Community Center 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Richmond leaders come under fire from residents of troubled housing complex (Richmond)
- Richmond: Teacher's arrest on sex abuse charges raises concerns about hiring practices (Richmond)
- Gala will celebrate Contra Costa Women's Hall of Fame inductees (Richmond)
- Council moves to hire independent investigator to audit Housing Authority (Richmond Confidential)
- OPINION: Richmond’s investment in youth development is path to ending gun violence (Richmond Confidential)
- Dalai Lama blesses Richmond’s Tibetan Center (Richmond Confidential)