Profile, Pendarvis Harshaw
In 2008, Reinaldi Gilder promised himself that he would never go back to jail. Since his release in December of that year, he’s not only managed to keep his word, he has also shown others that they can do the same.
“Being on probation [is] kind of like being Black in the [...]Continue Reading →
Commentary, David Cunningham, New America Media
Ed. Note: In June, youth advocates testified before a hearing of the Senate Public Safety Committee in Sacramento in support of AB 1006, which would require court and probation officers to inform youth offenders of how to seal their records upun turning 18. The bill is currently awaiting approval [...]Continue Reading →
News Feature • Anna Challet
This article was updated by Pulse editors on June 7, 2013 after it was discovered that the criminal charges reported in the original article were incorrect. The author of this article was unaware of the actual charges at the time of publication.
LaVon Carter was still a teenager when he [...]Continue Reading →
Story and Video, Valerie Klinker | New America Media
Right before her high school graduation, Danielle Dokes heard the news. Her dad was being released from prison. She thought her father would get to see her graduate.
But he never showed up.
Danielle, an 18-year-old resident of Richmond, Calif., has seen her father [...]Continue Reading →
Written and compiled by “Malik”
SAN QUENTIN, Calif. — Since 2006, the men of the Richmond Project – a group of inmates from Richmond who are now incarcerated at San Quentin State Prison – have been striving from behind these walls to be a part of the solution to the problems plaguing their city; problems [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Community Groups Filling Void in LGBTQ Services in Richmond, San Pablo 0 comments
- About 0 comments
- Staying Off Probation, and Teaching Others How 0 comments
- Thanksgiving Etiquette Tips 0 comments
- Richmond Mayor Denounces 'Dirty Hand of Chevron' 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Neighborhood House of North Richmond seeks fresh start amid financial turmoil (Richmond)
- Filmmaker brings"Fruitvale Station" to Berkeley High (Richmond)
- Bike advocates gain traction in Richmond (Richmond)
- Richmond artist turns trashcans into art pieces, teaches youth (Richmond Confidential)
- Freedom Fighters hope to help Richmond youth (Richmond Confidential)
- Dispensario de marihuana medica permitido para reubicarse (Richmond Confidential)