Photo Essay, Gallen.Neilly & Associates
On Saturday April 27, over 450 people attended Healthy Kids Day at the Hilltop YMCA. Healthy Kids Day, a national initiative of the YMCA to improve the health and well being of kids, is filled with fun, active play and educational activities that will help parents improve their kids’ lifestyles [...]Continue Reading →
News Report, Monica Quesada
RICHMOND, Calif. — Angel Leon has learned how to express his feelings through soccer. If he’s angry, for example, he’ll use that emotion in the game, “not to hurt, but to be more aggressive towards the ball, more energetic.”
But Angel, 13, a player for the Richmond Sol Cobras, doesn’t get [...]Continue Reading →
News Feature, Monica Quesada
Caleb Monteiro, 6, was the only one in the lane at the pool, kicking away on his back. He swam for 30 minutes and today he did a great job.
“She said I’m on fire,” said Caleb with a big smile repeating his coach’s comment.
Every week, four times a week, [...]Continue Reading →
News Report, Adrienne Chainey
The Salesian High School boys basketball team capped off one of the best seasons by a prep sports program in Richmond in recent memory, when they knocked off Price High School (Los Angeles) by a score of 70-56 in the Division IV State Championship game on March 23.
The team’s [...]Continue Reading →
New America Media, Commentary, Ky Phong Paul Tran, Posted: Feb 17, 2012
Pop culture traditionally has painted Asians as awkward, unathletic and never the leading man, like Long Duk Dong from a 1980s film. In just a week, Lin has shattered the stereotype.
Since he burst into the national consciousness just a week ago, basketball [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Seeing the Positive in Being a Teen Mom 0 comment(s)
- Bike To Work Day 2013 0 comment(s)
- ‘Django Unchained’: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 0 comment(s)
- Drug Trends Among Bay Area Young People 0 comment(s)
- About 0 comment(s)
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Large water project west of East Bay hills awaits public review (Richmond)
- BART board member to pitch northward extension to Hercules Planning Commission (Richmond)
- West Contra Costa special ed administrator honored for his work (Richmond)
- Woman shot in home; police confirm May 10 homicide victim (Richmond Confidential)
- Richmond basketball star goes global, aims for Big East success (Richmond Confidential)
- Inside the Point Molate Naval Fuel Depot (Richmond Confidential)