Question & Answer, Lani Conway, New America Media
Editor’s Note: At this year’s Sundance Film Festival, 26-year-old filmmaker Ryan Coogler makes his feature debut with “Fruitvale,” a drama inspired by the real-life killing of Oscar Grant by Bay Area Rapid Transit police on New Year’s Day, 2009. With big-name participation by producer Forest Whitaker and [...]Continue Reading →
Blog / Commentary by Asani Shakur
The Connecticut school shooting is such a tragedy, but I find it ironic because things like this have happened a lot in our community — maybe not 20 kids at a time, but one kid killed is one too many.
The killing of children shouldn’t happen on [...]Continue Reading →
Blog / Commentary by Yasmine Elsafy
The recent tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut that left 28 people dead — 20 of them children – has dominated the news cycle. Less known, however, is that while Newtown was the worst massacre of children in our nation’s history, it only one of sixteen mass [...]Continue Reading →
News Report, Edgardo Cervano-Soto
The expansive discussion on issues impacting Richmond youth that took place at last Saturday’s forum hosted by teens at the Richmond Public Library made it clear that young people here are not apathetic about their community. On the contrary, they regard the city as theirs.
During the two-hour forum, over [...]Continue Reading →
By Asani Shakur
EDITOR’S NOTE:. A 25-year-old who grew up on the streets of Richmond decided to write this piece because of what he sees happening in his community every day.
Barbaric. Evil. Modern-day slavery. Those are some of the words that President Barack Obama used to describe sex trafficking during a speech he delivered [...]Continue Reading →
Food Review, Molly Raynor
I love Richmond with all my heart. I love its resilience, its creativity, its RAW talent and radical roots. I do not, however, love the lack of healthy food options that residents of this city face on a daily basis.
The lack of healthy options is something I’ve witnessed firsthand during [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Community Groups Filling Void in LGBTQ Services in Richmond, San Pablo 0 comments
- Punishment Fits the Crime for Teen Who Videotaped Murder 0 comments
- Breaking Silence on Trauma is First Step to Healing 0 comments
- About 0 comments
- Read 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Richmond to explore new plan to fix blighted housing stock (Richmond)
- Richmond: Teacher charged with abusing students planned unauthorized field trip (Richmond)
- Berkeley police locate missing at-risk Richmond woman (Richmond)
- Council moves to hire independent investigator to audit Housing Authority (Richmond Confidential)
- OPINION: Richmond’s investment in youth development is path to ending gun violence (Richmond Confidential)
- Dalai Lama blesses Richmond’s Tibetan Center (Richmond Confidential)