Profile, Edgardo Cervano-Soto
Brandon Clark, 25, loves being outdoors and meeting people, which makes his job managing the Edible Forest Garden on the Richmond Greenway an ideal fit.
“This is the perfect location to have [a community garden] because of all the traffic that comes in and out of this place,” says Clark. “When you […]Continue Reading →
News Report, Marco Villalobos
When Amber Cavarlez was 16 years old, her mother was diagnosed with cancer. As the oldest child, she cared for both her mother and her younger brother. During the time that her mother was sick, and even after her mother’s passing, the family didn’t discuss what was happening, and Cavarlez kept […]Continue Reading →
by Khalid Elahi
You are, what you say you are.
People are unconscious of their power. To be anything in life, you have to tell yourself what you are. It starts with saying,”I am____”
What you put after “I am” will propel you to become just that.
Every day you are working towards […]Continue Reading →
Commentary, Melvin Willis
Back in March 2014 while I was visiting my mom at her home she suddenly lost her breath, and couldn’t catch it. Her breathing was so labored she could barely talk. An ambulance came and took her to the nearest public hospital, just 5 minutes from her house—Doctors Medical Center.
The team […]Continue Reading →
Commentary, Luis Cubas
RICHMOND, Calif. – From the moment I woke up, I realized there was something unusual about the morning. The sun wasn’t out, the birds weren’t singing, and instead of the school bus my dad would be taking me to school.
I soon realized why that bus hadn’t come: walking to school my […]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #28: June 2014
- Issue #27: May 2014
- Issue #26: April 2014
- Issue #25: March 2014
- Issue #24: February 2014
- Issue #23: January 2014
- Issue #22: December 2013
- Issue #21: November 2013
- Issue #20: October 2013
- Issue #19: September 2013
- Issue #18: August 2013
- Issue #17: July2013
- Issue #16: June 2013
- Issue #15: May 2013
- Issue #14: April 2013
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Local Business Review: Narasaki Automotive and Marine 0 comments
- Police Chief Magnus: Why I Joined a Protest Against Police Brutality 0 comments
- Opinions on Policing in Richmond 0 comments
- #BlackLivesMatter: Local Youth Stand up Against Police Brutality 0 comments
- Etsy Gift Guide: Richmond, California 0 comments
Related Richmond, Ca News
- East Bay Chevron refinery incident draws criticism, raises concerns about emergency-response capabilities (Richmond)
- School districts' local accountability plans need improvement, watchdog group says (Richmond)
- Berkeley: Town hall meeting will address police reaction to local protests (Richmond)
- Enabled by DACA, Ivy League Connection sends first undocumented student from Richmond to East Coast (Richmond Confidential)
- Long after recovery, the housing wealth gap in Richmond is worse than ever (Richmond Confidential)
- Richmond author comes to terms with her past, one story at a time (Richmond Confidential)