News Report, Anna Challet | New America Media
Over half of California’s children will soon have access to dental care because of the Affordable Care Act. The problem, according to a recent report, is that not enough dentists are willing to treat them.
“In Alturas, none of the dentists take Medi-Cal,” says resident Christa Perry, [...]Continue Reading →
Question & Answer, Lani Conway, New America Media
Editor’s Note: At this year’s Sundance Film Festival, 26-year-old filmmaker Ryan Coogler makes his feature debut with “Fruitvale,” a drama inspired by the real-life killing of Oscar Grant by Bay Area Rapid Transit police on New Year’s Day, 2009. With big-name participation by producer Forest Whitaker and [...]Continue Reading →
Blog / Commentary by Asani Shakur
The Connecticut school shooting is such a tragedy, but I find it ironic because things like this have happened a lot in our community — maybe not 20 kids at a time, but one kid killed is one too many.
The killing of children shouldn’t happen on [...]Continue Reading →
Blog / Commentary by Yasmine Elsafy
The recent tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut that left 28 people dead — 20 of them children – has dominated the news cycle. Less known, however, is that while Newtown was the worst massacre of children in our nation’s history, it only one of sixteen mass [...]Continue Reading →
News Report, Edgardo Cervano-Soto
The expansive discussion on issues impacting Richmond youth that took place at last Saturday’s forum hosted by teens at the Richmond Public Library made it clear that young people here are not apathetic about their community. On the contrary, they regard the city as theirs.
During the two-hour forum, over [...]Continue Reading →
is a community news and media outlet, committed to amplifying the voices of the city's under-served residents. Our reporting is led by young people, with the intent of serving the entire community. Through our work, we seek to create dialogue, and find solutions to, the health issues that plague the Richmond, California community.
Want to tell a story? Get Involved Today!
Read More About…
Download the Richmond Pulse Newspaper (English and Spanish PDF)
Most Recent Editions Below -- Click Here for All Past Editions
- Issue #13: March 2013
- Issue #12: February 2013
- Issue #11: January 2013
- Issue #10: December 2012
- Issue #9: November 2012
- Issue #8: October 2012
- Seeing the Positive in Being a Teen Mom 0 comment(s)
- In Rush to Prevent Another Sandy Hook, Are Prescription Drug Concerns Being Overlooked? 0 comment(s)
- Richmond’s Latina Center Supports a Growing Community 0 comment(s)
- ‘Django Unchained’: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 0 comment(s)
- Young, Black and Addicted to Fast Food 0 comment(s)
Related Richmond, Ca News
- Richmond man arrested on DUI charges in March crash (Richmond)
- East Bay Memorial Day events (Richmond)
- Richmond: Cease fire program puts detectives in view of shooting, two gang members arrested (Richmond)
- Full UC college scholarship awarded to Kennedy High student (Richmond Confidential)
- Chevron and Oakland A’s promote science education at Stege Elementary School (Richmond Confidential)
- National Parks Service highlights push for universal childcare after WWII (Richmond Confidential)